How can i bring myself to have the will to produce?

• I have a laptop and I downloaded a cracked FL Studio, and I read all the instructions manual, I've watched countless tutorials and such, and I have soo many ideas for producing, but I just can't seem to have the will to produce, everyday I start Fruity Loops but I get frustrated in 30 minutes or less.
    Should I just leave it behind? Is it not for me? I feel like i'm lacking passion or something
    Edit: Thanks a lot guys! i'll take all of your advices into consideration, it really helped me!

• When you first get started producing you're gonna have so many ideas. But you're not gonna be able to get those ideas out until you're comfortable with the DAW you're using. So it's gonna take some time making shitty beats until you really start making some quality music

• Like @ProSwervez said, you gotta make a lot of shit beats before you'll be able to really get the hang of it. When I started out I'd just make whatever I could in about a half an hour (it was very much quantity over quality) but stick with it. Best advice I can give you is just experiment man! Mess around with every knob in every plugin and find out what they do til you start getting the sounds you want. I've also been using FL for nearly 2 years now so if you need any help with it feel free to hit me up.

• Work till you dont know how to do something specifically, then research that problem, rinse, repeat. Also listen to lots of music and identify what you like about it. Try to perpetuate what motivates you when you're consuming music. The things you research, the things you love about music, will eventually be the music you create.

• Here's the thing- Everyone's response is telling you how to get better and not how to get passion. If it's not interesting enough to you to keep going without questioning whether or not you have the will to do it, it's probably not for you. That's not a bad thing. If it's something that interests you but doesn't inspire you, you should still put yourself in a position to be involved. Try getting an internship at a local recording studio or maybe taking a class at a community school that offers courses in music. You might find your inspiration or at least a way to get involved in the community of producers and other musicians around wherever you're at. Like you said, you've got ideas- honestly sometimes that's more important than technical skills. But you've gotta put yourself out there one way or another. Focus on your strengths instead of worrying about your weaknesses

Best of luck man!!

• administrators

i'm with @nico 100%

Looks like your connection to PigeonsandPlanes Music Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.