JOE BUDDEN VS. EVERYBODY NOT JOE BUDDEN

• Has anyone had a chance to peep Budden's last interview on Hot97? Its pretty cringe-worthy watching Joe, Ebro and the rest of the morning crew have a heated 40 minute discussion about Drake beef as well as being blindsided by his "friend" and ex-podcast host that he fired, Marisa Mendez being there. Things got pretty entertaining, nonetheless. Looking forward to his next collabo project with araabmuzik, Rage & The Machine.

• Damn Joe. This is starting to look more & more like as legit breakdown. And the thing is, I'd respect him "not wanting to talk about" all these controversial subjects... if he wasn't the one whocaused EVERY rift they brought up with his BS.

I say this as a fan. Dude needs help.

• Lol Joe is chillin, seems to have his composure. Rosenberg and Ebro are actin like pricks

• administrators

@no said in JOE BUDDEN VS. EVERYBODY NOT JOE BUDDEN:

Lol Joe is chillin, seems to have his composure. Rosenberg and Ebro are actin like pricks

i feel like it's a lil bit of both. Rosenberg and Ebro are big on hyping shit up, but Joe did dodge a LOT of direct questions, and his reasoning on the Marisa Mendez stuff doesn't make sense.

• Yeah, he could have really plead his case on the Marisa thing much better than that. He keeps a calm demeanor but he was still a douche about it, and pretty wrong for doing what he did in the first place

• JB is a just damn sociopath. They're super smart and talented but have terrible interpersonal skills. If you think of him in that light, everything he does makes sense.... not really justified, it all just makes sense lol

JOE BUDDEN THE SOCIOPATH

• @VincentTheOwl i actually hit him up about that on twitter and he responded a bit, lol. https://twitter.com/jaywonderbruh/status/764306152599523328 idk... he's one of my favorite rappers, but the way he acted rubbed me the wrong way... still a fan, but damn... not sure if i'd ever wanna meet him.

• @jaywonder wow I'm surprised he responded.

• @VincentTheOwl regular joe always be responding to niggas on twitter, lol.

• @jaywonder said in JOE BUDDEN VS. EVERYBODY NOT JOE BUDDEN:

@VincentTheOwl i actually hit him up about that on twitter and he responded a bit, lol. https://twitter.com/jaywonderbruh/status/764306152599523328 idk... he's one of my favorite rappers, but the way he acted rubbed me the wrong way... still a fan, but damn... not sure if i'd ever wanna meet him.

What's blowing my mind is I remember reading this convo lol. Wow. I'm with you, sometimes it hurts my ability to appreciate people's art when I find out about their shitty personalities.

• @Kenny i think it can go either way. i feel like in the case of joe, it enhances his music. He's one of those guys that you can see why he raps the way he does and say says the shit he does

• @Kenny lol, word. yeah, i try not to let people's actions influence how i receive their music, but it's always a bummer when i see people i fuck with do some fuck shit. gotta separate the two, i guess... AND... i guess joe really don't be lyin', lol.

"i got another side i never showed to you. the side where everybody is disposable. see, relationships are never a threat 'cause i'll erase the history and act like we never met."

-joe budden (via dear diary)

it's to a super extreme level, but word.

side note: i met and chilled with charles hamilton. easily my favorite rapper from like '08 to like a couple years ago, lol. he was cool though.

• Social media is great because we've got unparalleled access to our favourite artists. I tweeted about Kweku Collins' 'Nat Love ' and he sent me back a really kind tweet. That kind of stuff makes me appreciate and root for an artist's success even more, when you get the impression they're really down to earth and humble.

But it's a double edged sword, as some have pointed out is the case with Joe Budden. In the case of Joe, I often wonder how much of his Twitter beefing is an extension of his persona. Royce's verse on Slaughterhouse's 'The Other Side' comes to mind (I'mma be honest ‘cause every rapper alive / Including I, puts a persona up) when I see a guy like Joe. It does add to the personality of his music, which doesn't necessarily set out to make you want to be his best friend.

It is a shame though that some fans feel slighted by him, though.

Looks like your connection to PigeonsandPlanes Music Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.